- CELTA (Cambridge Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults) (St. Giles, London)
- DELTA (Cambridge Diploma in English Language Teaching to Adults) (The Bell School, Saffron Walden)
- BSc. in English Language (The Open University)
- MA in Applied Linguistics (University of Sussex)
- 18+ years teaching experience
I began teaching adult literacy in Sussex in 1996 before qualifying as an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher in ’97. Since then I’ve lived and worked in the Czech Republic, Italy and Indonesia, as well as working in several language schools in the UK.
I moved with my daughter to Hove in 2009 to study at the University of Sussex and set up Brighton English Teaching in February 2013. I love the variety of work I am given as an EFL teacher, editor and proofreader – writing copy for people’s websites, editing academic papers and proofreading student essays on a wide range of subjects. And I love the freedom I have to work with English Language Learners on a one-to-one basis, creating materials and planning courses to meet individual needs.
My daughter was born in 2006 and now attends a local primary school. Through her I have developed an interest in first language acquisition and a greater appreciation of the challenges involved in literacy teaching.